Directions for ordering marine windows
It is esssential that you pay attention to the following points when ordering windows. If you follow all the instructions carefully, we can guarantee a windows that fits exactly. Insufficient information may cause extra work and delay because we will have to contact you to obtain the information we need.
- When supplying a template make sure that it fits the window aperture exactly. Use hardboard or similar material which does not shrink or stretch. If paper or cardboard are the only materials available, write as many dimensions as possible, on the template i.e. height and width, so that it can be checked for reference.
- When ordering sliding windows the horizontal sides must be parallel. When ordering half-drop windows the vertical sides must be parallel.
- The template must be sawn streight without undulation to avoid errors in size.
- Please indicate the following details on the template:
- Starboard or port side
- Type of window required
- Type of section, type of surface treatment
- Direction of sliding
- Your name
- For each type of section we offer various standard radii. We strongly recommend that only these radii are specified as there is an extra cost for producing a non-standard radius and it will extend delivery time.
- For fixing the windows always use stainless-steel materials. If you want us to supply these with the windows, please specify what is required, e.g. bolts and nuts, selftapping screws, etc. Fastenings are not included in the price of the windows.
- Delivery time only becomes effective after receipt of your officiel order, templates, and all the information required to manufacture the windows.
- Unless otherwise specified in the order, we supply windows with clear toughened glass of approx. 5mm thickness. Should tinted glass be required, please state desired colour. Smoky Grey, Bronze and Green are the standard tinted colours available.
- Upon receipt of your order we suggest that every window is checked against the appropiate templates as soon as possible as any claim must be made within four days of delivery.
Accuracy of measurements of windows are only guaranteed if these “directions for ordering marine windows” are followed.
- Should you need to fit horns, windscreen wipers, searchlights, etc. through the glass, please indicate the diameter of the axle or the bolt to go through the glass. We will then adjust the actual diameter of the hole to eliminate the possibility of the hole distorting during the glass-toughening process.
- We reserve the right to change the construction of the illustrated windows and other articles.
In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call, fax, or email us. We’ll gladly be of assistance.
Please note the following items:
- Is the portlight opening inwards or outwards?
- Is the portlight rectangular or circular ended?
- Is the opening lid aluminium framed?
- What is the outside dimension?
- Installation should be on a flat surface with a tolerance of max. 1 mm
Gebo as brand was created more over 50 years ago and with a single vision: to supply boatbuilders with glazing products that would enhance the appearance, and the value of the craft in which they were fitted.
Gebo Marine Glazing B.V.
Versterkerstraat 1, 1322 AN Almere
Postbus 60277, 1320 AH Almere
Tel: (+31) 36 521 12 12